Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Everybody loves the working man until he makes a shitload of money

Okay, you jokers.

Who leaked the info on my new compensation package? I told you that in confidence. And now, thanks to you, I had to spend nine excruciating minutes in a jammed elevator, listening to some kid with a JD whine about how he had done everything right, gone 100k in debt, worked 70+ hours a week, never saw his wife and kid, and still only made 40k as a NYC ADA.

I explained to him that there was no reason for him to torture himself like that: the rich can solve their own problems, and let's face it, can the poor really be saved? But he just kept whining.

And then when I FINALLY made it to the damn lobby and went out to get in my car, my driver kept making snippy remarks about how for Christmas he was hoping he could maybe get his kid that new school backpack she'd been asking for.

So I guess it's MY fault he had to drop out of high school to help pay the rent after his dad's heart attack?

You make a lousy 30 million a year, people start giving you shit. Makes me fucking sick. Sick to my god damn stomach.

I NEED that money. My alimony package is very expensive. And I have a lot of teeth-whitening and hair appointments to pay for. And the rest of you (except for Jeff, fine) will understand me when I say that younger, hotter wives need some incentive to stick around, am I right? Heck, I'm lucky if I make it out of a fiscal year with more than 20, 25 million left over.

This whole thing is disgusting. You know what this is? Redstone is right, the crazy old coot. This is the Marxists trying to fuck with us. Trying to keep the successful man down.

I say to them: THIS IS CAPITALISM AT WORK. The market will pay what the market will bear, and the market obviously wants to bear Moonves. You've got a problem with that, take it up with Adam freakin' Smith.

Seriously, if I find out who leaked this, his ass is grass.

Les.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home